Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

What's it all about?


I have decades, no, centuries of family history recorded. My mother and grandmother spent years doing research long before the internet made it easy, and I've been lucky enough to inherit loads of personal stories and family information from them. I took their records and ran once I got online.

So many of my ancestors have amazing stories and I wanted a place to tell those stories that showcased them better than just the basic genealogy software is able to do.

My intention is that this becomes a living document. A place to tell stories, and to fill in the blanks between the numbers and statistics. As I get new information for each person, I'll update their page and add those new chapters to their tale. Some will be quite short to begin with, since I have very little information about quite a few of them. I hope those short stores will grow, and I hope I can make a few new connection with others who can help fill in those blanks.

I'll be starting with my great-grandparents and work my way back. All of my grandparents have died, but I feel that their lives were still too recent to publish. Maybe somewhere down the road I'll feel like it's more appropriate to share their stories. I hope so, because they were pretty remarkable people.

So here we go.

Do you know anything about any of the people I've written about? Do you have any memories, photos or information to add? I would absolutely love to hear from you. Please leave a comment on their individual posts to add your information. If you have photos to share, please send them to me along with any other information at tomebug (at) gmail (dot) com. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment